The Basic Swimmer consists of 2 cells, one Phagocyte which feeds the organism and one Flagellocyte that moves it. It starts with an Initial cell, usually but not exclusively Phagocyte; this cell splits with Make Adhesin checked to leave the Flagellocyte-Phagocyte pair to swim on the substrate. When the Phagocyte obtains enough energy, it splits and generates another Initial cell that consequently splits to produce another swimmer.
As it lacks programmed Stereocytes and Senseocytes, it doesn't exhibit smart behavior.
As a Macrophage, it needs nutrient chunks in the enviroment to survive on its own. Since it doesn't develop Keratinocytes (this would be a Immune Basic Swimmer), it's vulnerable to Predators and the effects of Glueocytes and Virocytes.
Since it can't detect and search for food it relies on random chance to encounter nutrients, so very scarce enviroments (specially if the species is not design to endure harsher substrates) will kill this Swimmer.
It can sustain some Gravity but too much in any direction will make the movement very difficult.
Its Flagellocyte won't be able to push the organism in dry substrates.
Genome and Variations
The most common life cycle of this organism uses 3 modes, although for a multi behavior it can use more with alot of variations. The only obligatory settings are the make adhesin checked of the initial cell and change the type of the cell of the rear to Flagellocyte. Therefore these are the steps for making the simplest example of a basic swimmer:
- Tick Make adhesin from M1
- Change Child 1 of M1 to M2 and Child 2 of M1 to M3.
- Go to M2 and change the cell type to Flagellocyte
- Go to M3 and change Child 2 to M1.
This is an example of the result from following these steps: Simplest Basic Swimmer
Of course there're multiple values and settings that can be changed to generate a huge amount of more effective variations. Settings like Swim Force, Nutrient Priority, Split Angle, Split Ratio, Child Angles, Split Mass and so on. Like for example:
- Basic Swimmer of Bwisialo
- Basic Swimmer of Megathosto.
- Basic Swimmer of Noughtypixy. This version produces a M4 that then splits into two M1, making this swimmer produce twins every time it reproduces.
- 2 Mode Basic Swimmer: This version uses the Flagellocyte as the Initial that produces a Phagocyte that spits more M1 Flagellocytes.
- It's the simplest organism that uses different cell types joined with an adhesin connection.
- It's the most iconic organism, closely following logo spaces with the Green Phagocyte Logo.